The Autumn Flower Show is to take place this coming Monday. Attached is a copy of the Flower Show Categories just in case you have not received a copy. The show will be judged by the popular vote of members. Don’t forget to collect you 17 red dots and 1 gold dot as you enter the Club House.
Entries will only be received between 6:30Pm and 7:15PM, the only exceptions will be for Stewards assisting in the staging of the show. There will be an area set aside on the veranda outside the pro shop which is on the opposite side of the building to the usual main entrance. Access can be obtained either up the rear steps or along the front veranda leading to the rear. It is highly recommended that you carry out as much preparation prior to your arrival as space is limited.
There will be a trading table and the last lot of books will be available for sale.
1. One exhibition bloom, truss or spike
2. One container of cut Flowers any number of stems, all of one type.
3. One container of flowers from tree, shrub or creeper all of one type – any number of stem, colour variation allowed
4. One container of mixed flowers, any number of stems
5. One container of dahlias, any number of stems, variety and colour variation allowed
6. One container of roses, any number of stems, variety and colour variation allowed
7. One rose
8. One container of autumn foliage any number of stems maximum size 75cm in any direction.
9. One container of fuchsia, any number of stems
10. One Fern, maximum bench space allowed 50cm x 50cm
11. One pot plant (no ferns)
12. One floral arrangement using fresh Flowers (Can be wired and use accessories – Floral Art).
13. Collection of succulents and/or cacti – at least three varieties or types. Maximum container size 50cm x 50cm
14. Floral design in a saucer
15. Bits & pieces in a coffee mug
16. Exhibit of Produce, one type, single or multiple pieces. Maximum bench space allowed 50cm x 50cm.
17. Collection of produce using fruit, vegetables and/or nuts –at least three different types of produce. Maximum bench space allowed 75cm x 75cm.