There are 50 Photos here which may use up a lot of your download data allowance. If you look at each picture individually, each picture is about 1.7 MB.
A reminder that the next Club Meeting is scheduled for this coming Monday April 11, this being one week earlier than normal due to the Easter Holiday period.
The main part of the meeting will be the Autumn Flower Show. All members are invited to take part and I have attached a list of 17 categories that you can enter.
The speaker for the night is Annette Davis on the subject of Peonies. Annette will have plants for sale. This talk will take place while the show is being judged.
The member’s Draw has jackpotted to $100 but you need to be there to win.
2022 AUTUMN FLOWER SHOW SCHEDULE
1. One exhibition bloom, truss or spike
2. One container of cut Flowers any number of stems, all of one type.
3. One container of flowers from tree, shrub or creeper all of one type – any number of stem, colour variation allowed
4. One container of mixed flowers, any number of stems
5. One container of dahlias, any number of stems, variety and colour variation allowed
6. One container of roses, any number of stems, variety and colour variation allowed
7. One rose
8. One container of autumn foliage any number of stems maximum size 75cm in any direction.
9. One container of fuchsia, any number of stems
10. One Fern, maximum bench space allowed 50cm x 50cm
11. One pot plant (no ferns)
12. One floral arrangement using fresh Flowers (Can be wired and use accessories – Floral Art).
13. Collection of succulents and/or cacti – at least three varieties or types. Maximum container size 50cm x 50cm
14. Floral design in a saucer
15. Bits & pieces in a coffee mug
16. Exhibit of Produce, one type, single or multiple pieces. Maximum bench space allowed 50cm x 50cm.
17. Collection of produce using fruit, vegetables and/or nuts –at least three different types of produce. Maximum bench space allowed 75cm x 75cm.
If you’re interested in becoming a member,why not be introduced to what happens at the club meeting on Monday night. Come along to the Golf Club at 7:30pm.
Finally, I decided to post the movies I had done on the Sunday of the Open Garden. We didn’t get to the other 2, but hope to, if allowed, before “Christmas”. Enjoy!
Click on this icon to view the movie of this years Open Garden displays. It is an 8 minute movie which could take some time to load. Make sure you are on Wi-Fi as you download it.
The web page for our Open Garden 2018 is https://upperyarravalleygardenclub.com/open-garden-2018/ Click here to view
If members on Facebook or twitter could share this link to all their friends, then many people will hear about the Open Garden for this year without any paid advertising. If you are not sure how to share, please call me on 0417787673 (Have your facebook page ready to follow instructions) – Thanks, Colin
Here’s a link to see some top gardens from around the world. Thanks Megan Wallens.
I hope you enjoy.